Slice, Slice, Baby!
Give your neighbors something fun to look forward to at the end of the week with a free Take and Bake Pizza event. We’ve taken a large part of the guesswork out for you, and below you will find some free downloadable decorations, recipe cards, shopping list, supplies to purchase, ideas, and more.
Table Layout Idea
Here’s just an idea of how you can layout your table to help make the pizza building process an organized, enjoyable experience! It’s a great idea to have a volunteer or two at the end, helping wrap and box. It’s a great way to put a bow on the event, and you’re able to get some personal interaction with each person who comes through the line.
Free Graphic Printables
- Cut-out Pizza Pendant Bunting (4x6) – Cut these pizza pendants out and fold the tops over baker’s twine or string, staple twice, and hang for bunting decoration on a table edge or wall. Print out as many as you need for the length of your table/wall.
- Topping Labels (half page) – Frame signs and set up on spread, or use photo clips.
- Recipe Cards (half page) – Hang these above your serving table on a wire/string with clothespins, or make multiples and laminate them for people to take with them through the line and reuse like a menu at a restaurant. Recipes include BBQ Chicken, Chicken Carbonara, Mediterranean, Hawaiian Tasty, Buffalo Chicken and Margherita.
- Baking Cards (6-up) Directions|Blank – Print out pre-made baking cards and cut out. These will be placed on top of pre-made pizza before plastic wrapping and placing in box. The baking cards with directions included are for pre-made regular dough. If you make with pita, gluten free or another type of crust, the blanks cards are available for you to type out your own pizza baking directions. We’d definitely encourage a test run before printing out your baking cards, as everyone has different ovens and crusts.
- Pizza Box Stickers – Print these stickers out on 2 inch circle Avery labels. These are editable so you can include your names and cares team contact information. Stick these on top of every pizza box so it goes home with them!
- Blank Signs (full page) – If you find that you need to add some more info or signage to help your residents fully understand the process, or need signage just directing to where the event is, you can use these pizza themed signs! If you'd like to reuse the sign... print it, frame it, and use a dry erase marker on the frame!
- Dough (You can get boxes of premade 8” frozen dough at places like Costco or Sam’s Club) – regular and gluten free.
- Butter garlic
- Olive oil
- Meats: pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage, grilled chicken, chicken sausage, Canadian bacon, beef, meatballs, bacon crumbles
- Cheese: mozzarella, shredded parmesan, ricotta, vegan cheese, cheddar
- Veggies/fruits: grape/roma tomatoes, mushrooms, green/black olives, artichoke hearts, onions, green/red peppers, spinach, banana peppers, jalapenos, pineapple, corn, sundried tomatoes, caramelized onions
- Fresh finishes: minced garlic, salt, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, grated parmesan, chopped cilantro, feta
Ideas for Decoration & Supplies You Could Purchase
Round Cardboard Trays 8” (These need to be removed before placing pizza in the oven): https://www.amazon.com/Hobbyland-Boards-White-Circle-Round/dp/B06XY5GWFL/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1498161144&sr=8-12&keywords=round+cardboard+circles
Chalkboard paper to label the toppings on the table: https://www.amazon.com/Chalkboard-Paper-Table-Runner-American/dp/B011SFZB6S/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1498161561&sr=8-15&keywords=chalkboard+paper
We hope this helps you think through how to plan an awesome Take & Bake Pizza Event!