A Garden Party just sounds sophisticated, doesn't it? Like you should attend wearing some big Kentucky Derby hat and drinking a mint julep or something?
There are so many fun ways to host a garden party... here's just a few ideas:
- Simply hand out potted plants at the gate to residents as they arrive home from work.
- Host a day of working in your shared community garden.
- Host your local plant store for a gardening class. Succulents are all the rage right now, but you can also offer info on container gardening, herb gardening, vegetable gardening, etc.
- Host a cocktail party at your own community garden.
- Host a garden-themed party and hold drawings for floral arrangements or pretty potted plants.
- Give out packets of seeds as party favors.
- Serve fresh veggies, herb-themed foods, and a garden-themed signature cocktail.
- Host your party off-site at your local plant nursery for a class and food/cocktails after-hours.
- Don't forget, we also have a blog post and flyer for an Urban Container Garden class.
Are you part of a current or former CARES Team who knows of someone who would make a wonderful CARES Team member? If so, you can REFER A FRIEND and be eligible for our referral bonus up to $200.
Would you like more information on what it means to be a CARES Team? Visit our website today. You can fill out a quick info form and someone will contact you with more information. And, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@aptlife), and Instagram (@aptlife) – and use the hashtag #CARESteam.