Take your two favorite things - Instagram and #hashtags - and turn it into a community-building adventure for your residents. Group them into teams, arm them with a list of photos to snag, create a custom hashtag so that others can see their photos at the end of the night, and then unleash them on your city for a night of fun and mayhem.
This event is particularly great for urban areas with a lot to do and see. Include must-see places, but also out-of-the-way, hole-in-the-wall treasures that only a long-time resident would know, as well as pictures of your teams interacting with people on the street, doing funny things in stores... the sky is the limit. Scratch that - sky pictures are welcome too. There are no limits.
Have your teams meet back at a certain time for drinks or dessert and to check out everyone else's photos. You can use Eventstagram or another online app to run a slideshow of everyone's pictures - just make sure they used your hashtag.
Need ideas for items to go on the scavenger hunt list? We've made a Pinterest board with plenty of resources.
- You can make this a family-friendly event - just choose photos that are fun for kids.
- You can start/finish at a local bar or restaurant instead of your property.
- Provide prizes for the winning team, as well as for categories like "most creative," "funniest," "strangest encounter with a stranger," etc.
- Let people choose their own teams, or draw and make them random.
- Ask people to send their favorites to the property manager so they can be uploaded to the property's Facebook page.