Since we're in the middle of our "Show us your best Pool Party" contest, we thought it appropriate to talk about how to throw a fab pool party! Everyone's got a pool, everyone has residents who like to be poolside, and anyone can throw some dogs on the grill and call it a party. But we're CARES Teams, and we don't do things like normal people - we take it to the next level! Here are some idea starters (& Pins) to help you do just that:
- Make it glow! Check out our glow in the dark Pinterest board to make a glow-in-the-dark pool party! You'll need plenty of glow sticks, glowing food, some sparklers, a glowing pool... and a dark summer night.
- Add a movie (float & flick... with Coke floats & pool floats).
- Bring in a live local band or DJ.
- Cater the event from a local restaurant/food truck instead of having the usual burgers/dogs on the grill.
- Use a pool noodle theme complete with lots of noodles & 20 ways to use them!
- Black & White/Black Tie Poolside Bash: Encourage everyone to wear black & white swimsuits/clothes & fancy hats, serve fancy foods & drinks, have a "best dressed" contest with gift card giveaways, etc.
- Beach ball theme.
- Beach theme: bring the beach to your residents!
- Flamingo/pink theme.
- Host a "best flip flops" contest.
- Surf & Turf theme w/ steak (turf) and shrimp (surf).
- Classic Sailor Party (blue/white/red).
- Classy/Posh style featuring blue & white.
- Surf's up theme.
- Shark Theme: Watch Sharnado or Jaws on the big screen!
- Doggy swimming party/Puppy Guppies/ Dog Dive...you get the idea!
Need more ideas? Here is a list of every pool party we've done on the blog, and be sure to check out our Pinterest Board. When you throw your party, don't forget to tag us in your Instagram pics (@aptlife)! Have more ideas to make a pool party extra fabulous? Leave your fellow CARES Teams a comment to tell us about it!
Happy pool party-ing!
Are you part of a current or former CARES Team who knows of someone who would make a wonderful CARES Team member? If so, you can REFER A FRIEND.
Would you like more information on what it means to be a CARES Team? Visit our website today. You can fill out a quick application and someone will contact you with more information. And, don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@aptlife), and Instagram (@aptlife).