If you don't have german relatives, or even if you do, you may be wondering what Oktoberfest is. Well, it's a big ol' German festival that is held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. That's where it originated, but it is hosted and celebrated in lots of other places around the world as well. The celebration in Germany has been going on for nearly 200 years, lasts for two weeks, and hosts over six million people each year. Y'all. That's a lot of kraut!
This could be a super fun event to host! Here are the basics:
- Beer (optional)
That's it for basics! Here are some other fun things we came up with to spice up the party a bit:
- Add some blue & yellow decor
- Oktoberfest "best hat" contest
- Best Dressed contest - Encourage people to dress in traditional German attire
- Bring in an accordion player/band
- Have some crafts for kids on hand - If it's a kind friendly event
- Put a modern twist on some more traditional recipes
Check out our Oktoberfest Pinterest board for some recipes, and look & feel ideas! Here's a flyer, too.
Are you part of a current or former CARES Team who knows of someone who would make a wonderful CARES Team member? If so, you can REFER A FRIEND.
Would you like more information on what it means to be a CARES Team? Visit our website today. You can fill out a quick application and someone will contact you with more information. And, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@aptlife), and Instagram (@aptlife).