CARES Teams... it's time to get competitive! Let's host a volleyball tournament! If volleyball (or sports of any kind) isn't your thing, here's what you need to know to get started:
- Set the number of players per team. You can play with anywhere between 2 and 6 per side.
- Here's a site where you can build your own easy-to-download tournament bracket. Choose if you will have single or double elimination.
- Recruit a volunteer to referee.
- Decide if your residents will need to bring their own teams or if you will pair people up to make new teams. Or, give them the option to do either (you want to give new people who don't have friends for a team an opportunity to still participate).
- Provide water and/or Gatorade for your participants, and if possible, your fans as well. If it's hot, you can also freeze cheap wash cloths in a cooler and hand them out to cool off your players.
- To make it fun, provide each team with custom bandannas. You can find some crazy colors/patterns online.
- If your budget allows, provide a "free" concession stand with drinks/snacks.
This is a great chance to involve people from your church or friends who can help you put on the event. Don't be afraid to ask for help!
Are you part of a current or former CARES Team who knows of someone who would make a wonderful CARES Team member? If so, you can REFER A FRIEND and be eligible for our referral bonus up to $200.
Would you like more information on what it means to be a CARES Team? Visit our website today. You can fill out a quick info form and someone will contact you with more information. And, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@aptlife), and Instagram (@aptlife) – and use the hashtag #CARESteam.