Written by: Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp
Holidays: the perfect excuse for a party. Lucky for you (pun intended) St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! Whether you have kickstarted your planning or are looking for new ideas, we’ve compiled some inspiration to help you celebrate, and the best part is you’ve got the easiest theme: Go Green! Simply serve green food and display green decorations and voila - you've got yourself a party!
Not only is this pandemic profoundly affecting our physical and mental health, but it's having a significant impact on our relational health too.
At Apartment Life, you (staff and coordinators alike) care for people well. It’s what we do! Let this be a gentle reminder to care for yourself too. Especially during this insane holiday time. We’ve done some research, and here are some quick tips for self-care. Check out the article links if you’d like a deep-dive!
Ok we get it... It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but planning makes perfect! New Years events are right around the corner, and we've got you covered with a few ways to gather and celebrate as we enter into 2022! Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for all the festive inspo. ✨
This is why we do what we do... for people. Whether you're hosting in-person, socially distanced events or hanging out on Zoom with virtual watch parties (or a little bit of both)... check out how this team leveraged social media to create the community that people crave.
Most people are starting to think about Halloween, but for our Apartment Life Coordinators, it's already holiday party planning season. The great thing about these parties is that you can mix and match ideas: combine a tacky sweater party with a hot chocolate bar, or watch your favorite Christmas movie while roasting s'mores.
Here's a list of our favorite holiday party ideas (feel free to mix and match those party names):
- Kris Kringle Karaoke
- Flapjacks and Flannel: brunch
- Merry Martini Night
- Jingle & Mingle: hot cocoa bar
- An Evening of Merrymaking: wreath decorating
- Frosty Fest: Christmas pajama party
- Winter Wonderland Party / White Christmas: decorate with all white / wear white (can also decorate with a minimalist Scandinavian theme)
- Holiday Hoopla: Christmas costume party - come dressed like your favorite character from a holiday movie
- Holiday "House" Party: gingerbread house decorating party
- Christmas CRAFTernoon: holiday craft night
- Merry Little Christmas Party: Christmas ornament swap
- Christmas Castoff Gift Exchange: white elephant gift exchange with a gift you don't like/need
- Ice, Ice, Cookies: cookie exchange party or cookie decorating party
- A Not So Silent Night: Christmas caroling party
- Wine & Wrap / BYOB(ow): gift wrapping party
- PETmas Party: pets in ugly Christmas sweaters
- Fireside Roast and Toast: set up a s'mores charcuterie board
- Sparkles and Spirits / Tidings and Tinsel: ornament making party (we've got an easy salt dough recipe) + a signature cocktail
- Retro Christmas Party: use old-fashioned decorations
- A Holly Jolly Holiday Party: Christmas lights tour - rent a bus (your church might have one) and take your residents on a tour of the best Christmas lights in your city
- Cocktails and Candy Canes - let guests write Christmas cards to send to military (more info here or here)
- Jolly Jamboree: play holiday bingo - you can purchase bingo cards here
- Wacky Tacky Sweater Soiree
- Reindeer Games /Mistletoe Mania: game night
- The 12 Tastes of Christmas: serve 12 appetizers/treats/drinks
- Santa Soiree: pictures with Santa
- A December to Remember: free Christmas card photos
- Cocktails and Candy Canes
- Sugarplum Celebration: dessert party
- Mistletoe and Margaritas
Now trending...blind date events! The thrill, the suspense, the intrigue, it's sure to be a resident favorite! We've got three variations that will bring all the curious cats in. Grab the brown paper, pick out your catchy descriptors, and send your guests home with a fun surprise.