Alrighty folks, the 'Gram is changing. Who's ready to learn how to change with it?
This is why we do what we do... for people. Whether you're hosting in-person, socially distanced events or hanging out on Zoom with virtual watch parties (or a little bit of both)... check out how this team leveraged social media to create the community that people crave.
Most people are starting to think about Halloween, but for our Apartment Life Coordinators, it's already holiday party planning season. The great thing about these parties is that you can mix and match ideas: combine a tacky sweater party with a hot chocolate bar, or watch your favorite Christmas movie while roasting s'mores.
Here's a list of our favorite holiday party ideas (feel free to mix and match those party names):
- Kris Kringle Karaoke
- Flapjacks and Flannel: brunch
- Merry Martini Night
- Jingle & Mingle: hot cocoa bar
- An Evening of Merrymaking: wreath decorating
- Frosty Fest: Christmas pajama party
- Winter Wonderland Party / White Christmas: decorate with all white / wear white (can also decorate with a minimalist Scandinavian theme)
- Holiday Hoopla: Christmas costume party - come dressed like your favorite character from a holiday movie
- Holiday "House" Party: gingerbread house decorating party
- Christmas CRAFTernoon: holiday craft night
- Merry Little Christmas Party: Christmas ornament swap
- Christmas Castoff Gift Exchange: white elephant gift exchange with a gift you don't like/need
- Ice, Ice, Cookies: cookie exchange party or cookie decorating party
- A Not So Silent Night: Christmas caroling party
- Wine & Wrap / BYOB(ow): gift wrapping party
- PETmas Party: pets in ugly Christmas sweaters
- Fireside Roast and Toast: set up a s'mores charcuterie board
- Sparkles and Spirits / Tidings and Tinsel: ornament making party (we've got an easy salt dough recipe) + a signature cocktail
- Retro Christmas Party: use old-fashioned decorations
- A Holly Jolly Holiday Party: Christmas lights tour - rent a bus (your church might have one) and take your residents on a tour of the best Christmas lights in your city
- Cocktails and Candy Canes - let guests write Christmas cards to send to military (more info here or here)
- Jolly Jamboree: play holiday bingo - you can purchase bingo cards here
- Wacky Tacky Sweater Soiree
- Reindeer Games /Mistletoe Mania: game night
- The 12 Tastes of Christmas: serve 12 appetizers/treats/drinks
- Santa Soiree: pictures with Santa
- A December to Remember: free Christmas card photos
- Cocktails and Candy Canes
- Sugarplum Celebration: dessert party
- Mistletoe and Margaritas
Now trending...blind date events! The thrill, the suspense, the intrigue, it's sure to be a resident favorite! We've got three variations that will bring all the curious cats in. Grab the brown paper, pick out your catchy descriptors, and send your guests home with a fun surprise.
Searching for ideas to kickstart community in your lease-up apartment? Look no further! We’ve put together some tips and tricks to help you with event inspiration, welcome goodies, and overall resident engagement. Let’s get started!
Some neighbors are easy to connect with. You know the kind - the really outgoing, extroverted, highly social ones who aren't afraid to simply show up to an event.
But we don't want to just build community with them... we want to make all of our neighbors feel connected and welcomed. For those shy, harder-to-reach neighbors, you may have to be more intentional, but it's well worth it.
Community managers are vital to the apartment industry. Unfortunately, research says that more than ever, managers are at high risk of burnout. Swift Bunny estimated in 2020 that "at least 19 percent of community managers were uncertain they would stick around. In some organizations, that number was as high as 25 percent." Post pandemic, we can only assume that number is even higher.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it only makes sense to turn it into a community event! The best part? It couldn't be nicer to your budget and is "toast"ally on trend (ok that might've been a stretch but we had to 😆).
We've all been there: you have an extravagant vision for an event with a near opposite budget. Lucky for you, we've got a few tips to stretch your budget and make all your party dreams comes true!